GetMyBoat, the largest boat rental and charter marketplace, is changing the way the world goes boating. Remote work is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started back in 2013. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones. Together we solve interesting challenges, build, design, learn and iterate towards our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences to millions, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!
What we offer
- Fully remote environment: Flexibility and trust that our team will do and deliver their best work
- Globally distributed team: International learnings and collaboration within an inclusive and diverse culture and time for focus work
- Transparency: Open communication is key to our culture. You can feel free to chat with anyone, are empowered to share ideas, ask questions and challenge the status quo in a way that moves the company and team forward
- High-quality product: No rushing to push out poorly developed or designed features
- Consumer-Facing Brand: Your work will be seen and used by millions of people in order to book their most memorable vacation experiences
- Well funded: Revenue generating, 10x revenue growth over the last 3 years, Recently raised Series B
We're looking for
A Product Manager to join our globally distributed team who will work cross-functionally to help plan, design, build and roll-out products that deliver and make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers. This position is a great fit for someone who is really passionate about building products that customers love. Location is flexible but needs to be within the Americas time zones.
Specifically, we are looking for a product manager to work on a program of projects related to how people discover content on GetMyBoat. It’s the most publicly visible part of the product, and a core part of the experience including features related to searching, browsing, sorting, filtering, shortlisting, refining options, and ultimately discovering the most useful content possible.
Success in this role will be defined by becoming one of the resident experts on how the GetMyBoat service and apps work, from an internal and external perspective. You will test, research, review, plan, prioritize, develop insights, create communications, and recommend solutions.
- Lead collaboration to define, scope, and deliver significant new features and product enhancements.
- Identify challenges and user frictions, explore approaches and propose solutions.
- Structure, breakdown, and organize user-experiences to communicate scope and requirements with the development team.
- Assess different approaches and aspects of user experiences to prioritize the delivery of essential value.
- Gather information through research, review, and investigation to inform design and planning decision-making and project prioritization.
- Support the Customer Experience team to troubleshoot and resolve user issues.
- Support operations, design, and development with root-cause analysis, QA testing, organization, communication, and report actionable issues, bugs, and feedback in a clearly communicated way.
- Groom, prioritize, and organize the product roadmap and backlog.
- Develop a deep understanding of key user roles, their context, and work.
- 4+ years experience in software as a product manager, product owner, UX Designer, QA Manager, business analyst, or software engineer.
- UX / QA / PM or related roles obtaining skills in product management, technical aptitude, and knowledge of UX and usability.
- Expertise in mobile & web application ecosystem and user experiences. (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows).
- Education/training in product experience, design, engineering, business, or software development. (Bachelor+ degree preferred)
- Experience working with software development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Data, reporting techniques, technology skills.
What you can expect after you apply
Because we are a team that prioritizes moving words to action, we do our best to move as quickly as we can on our end and look to iterate on our hiring processes over time based on feedback and learning.
Our hiring stages may vary a little bit depending on the type of position, in general, you can expect the following:
- Confirmation when your application is submitted
- Email request for scheduling an introduction screening conversation
- Email request for scheduling an interview with the hiring manager
- Additional interview(s) and/or Technical, Portfolio or Case Study assignment or presentation
- References & Reverse Interview(s): This gives candidates the opportunity to speak to and ask questions of anyone on our team they have remaining questions for
- If at any point, you aren’t moved to the next stage, you will be notified
Who we are
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat. With over 150,000 listings in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike. We were named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.
We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come join us on our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!